Thursday, May 1, 2008

Staying the course

It feels so good to have answers! Today we learned the results of my PETscan which showed that the cancer in my bones has not grown, meaning the chemo is working! Thank God! In fact, while most of the cancer hot spots in my body are about the same, some of my lymph nodes have improved. It was so freeing to get this news. No biopsies and hospital stays to plan, no more testing, no new burdens to bear. I can stay on the same course we've planned, so we've scheduled my next three rounds of chemo and will retest in nine weeks. The relief I feel after the appointment today reminds me of school days when I would hand in my final paper. This thing that's been weighing on my mind for the past week is suddenly lifted, and I am free to focus on anything else, which in this case, means I got to sew Annabelle another adorable dress. She's in a butterfly phase at the moment, so she loves the purple dress with butterflies and ribbons decorating the skirt.

Bob and I sat by the water at Houston's tonight to celebrate our good news after visiting the grandkids. It was so nice to breathe easy and enjoy the tranquil Florida twilight. I am thankful for your prayers that the chemo would work in my body and that God chose to answer them in this way.

Some of you may know that Mackenzie recently graduated college with a musical theatre degree and plans on moving to New York City to put her training into action. She has postponed the move to see me through my cancer, but occasionally still has commitments in the Big Apple. So this week while she sings in a showcase in New York and I receive chemo on Tuesday, I will be counting on my loyal friends to take care of me when Bob, Shannon, and Erin need to be at their jobs. I know I am blessed to have such willing companions and truly appreciate all the kindness I continue to receive. Keep it coming!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jayne,

I'm so happy to hear the good news:) You are in good hands! Tell Kenz to brake a leg in the big apple!

XOXO
Ragan

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to wish you a wonderful Mother's Day - You raised the best children in the world and they would never have turned out that way if it wasn't for you!
You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday and I look forward to visiting real soon!!!
I love you!!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Still reading.
Still praying.
I'm very happy things are looking up. Hope you have an amazing Mothers Day. You truly deserve it. God bless.

-Chris