Thursday, January 31, 2008

Never too old for a sleepover!

Now that my sleepover party is over, I've got a little time to blog. My four-year-old granddaughter Annabelle and I like to have sleepovers now and then. We call ourselves the "girlfriends" (Bob is an honorary girlfriend), and we just do whatever girlfriends want to do. We got our fill of ice cream, stuffed animals, lip gloss, doll houses, and Ratatouille! Now I need a nap! But before that, I'll get you all caught up.

I had my chemo port put in Tuesday morning without a hitch. The doctor who operated on me was the same one that had sent me home saying there was no cancer in my adrenal glands the day before. He reassured me that there was absolutely nothing to biopsy in that area. There wasn't a lot of pain after the surgery; just a little Tylenol helped. But now having my chest bandaged and feeling that port under my skin, my cancer feels more real to me than it has yet. It's sinking in that this is really happening. I am a cancer patient, like so many loved ones before me. Now it's my turn.

I am so thankful to have my grandbabies around to lift my spirits when things seem a little somber. What a blessing! I am now a cancer patient, but it doesn't take away any of the excitement on their faces when they walk through the door to Grandma's house. A day of playing is great medicine for my soul.

Thank you to all of you who have offered your help to me and my family. We'll be taking you up on it soon! Until then, continue your prayers. I truly feel the effects of them and am blessed by your faith. Thank you!

These are my two Gator girls, Mackenzie and Annabelle, goofing around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture!! Stay strong. I hope Mackenzie gave you all the information my Aunt sent me on different doctors. Let's pray it stays in the 3b stage for as long as it can. I will see you soon. You are in my prayers and thoughts always.
Love, Rachel

Anonymous said...

In reading your blog, I thought of an Andrew Peterson song that says,

"Give us faith to be strong
Give us strength to be faithful
'Cause life is not long but it's hard
Give us grace to go on
Make us willing and able
Lord, give us faith to be strong"

What great news! I was so excited to read about the latest report from your doctors. It seems like you have such incredible strength through all that you are facing. It must be comforting to know that through Christ you are victorious regardless of what happens here on earth. I thought of these verses.

Psalm 20: 4-5:

"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests."

Romans 8: 36-39:

"As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through HIM who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

My family and I continue to pray for you on this journey. Keep the posts coming! God bless.

Anonymous said...

Just noticed your Profile views ...you have 221 hits...see you still got it !! Your still being checked out! "May the Lord bless you and keep you , make his face to shine on you "
love you,

Anonymous said...

I just got this site from Suzi and had heard that Mackenzie was home. It all makes sense now. I will bring your needs before our Thursday Bible study at WA, where we faithfully prayed Meg through her ordeal and where we have quite a list yet to which it would be a privilege to add your name. Prayer is so powerful and God is sooo faithful.

Your spirits sound wonderful, Jayne. I know God is with us through the waters and the fire. What wonderful lessons he has already taught you. I can't imagine how many will be blessed by postings like the one about last night's sermon. I, too, love Warren Gage and listen from home as well as attend his Sunday school class.

Thank you for keeping this blog. The fellowship of suffering is a very high honor. You represent it and Him with such grace.

Love and prayers,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, Great to see you at painting class, and yes you still look as pretty as ever with that beautiful smile. You are in our prayers. Love, Hazel