Tuesday, November 17, 2009

He who believes has everlasting life.

Thank you all for sharing with us your memories of my mother, and your prayers for her and us. Jayne passed away peacefully yesterday afternoon with Bob and her sister Jody at her side, and joined her Savior in heaven. Although we are mourning our loss here on earth, we are also joyful that my mother is now with Jesus in eternal paradise, where there are no more tears and no more suffering. Praise God for His mercy and love!

Thank you for loving and supporting her through her journey the past two years. The responses she received from you on this online journal were some of her greatest blessings during her struggle. I'll leave you with my mother's words from one of the first blog entries she posted.
-Mackenzie

"In the end, should God choose to rescue me, I want all glory to be His. Medical odds are against me, but the one true God is on my side. Whether He chooses to save me by taking me home to be with Him in heaven, or by providing me the removal of cancer from my earthly body, I pray that people will see that against insurmountable odds, my Lord came to my side and saw me through this. I am not afraid of the battle that lies ahead, because I have the assurance of a winning outcome either way. I wish that same certainty for everyone. The Lord Jesus Christ saved my soul long ago, and I have no reason to fear."



Memorial arrangements have been made to honor my mother. An open-house visitation will be at Kraeer-Becker Funeral House, Deerfield Beach, Fl, on Friday, Nov. 20, 2009 from 4 to 8 p.m. A memorial service will be held Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009 at 1 p.m. at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church, Fort Lauderdale, Fl. In lieu of flowers, we are asking that donations be made in Jayne's name to the Hope Womens Center of Ft. Lauderdale, www.friendsofhope.com (formerly the Hope Pregnancy Center, an organization Jayne helped start which provides support to women in crisis pregnancies).

3 comments:

Pat & Nick said...

Please accept our deepest condolences. Jayne will always remain with us in our hearts. I know that it was her words that brought me comfort and inspiration. One day we will all be reunited.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Pat & Nick

Anonymous said...

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2

After reading your mother (and your) posts, this verse seems to be how your mother lived her life. I hope that I can be as brave and as full of God's Grace as your mother when my time comes.

Vanessa
(your ACC buddy)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry and I'm praying for all of you. The services were beautiful. All of you did a great job with your eulogy speeches. Love, Katy Peterson, (Erin's friend)